Taking calls from Third Parties is a delicate balance of Rules of Professional Conduct vs. providing the most help possible to seniors. New helplines need an ethically sound and workable procedure to handle third party callers before the first call comes in. Experienced helplines may want to revisit their procedures from time to time.
This webinar discusses many aspects of crafting a third party caller policies including:
- restrictions (funding, legal)
- types of third party callers and how to handle their calls,
- the scope and professional obligations to clients/potential clients, and
- professional obligations to a client that has diminished capacity.
- Sue Wasserkrug of the Pennsylvania Senior Law Center
- David Godfrey of the ABA Commission on Law and Aging