Many legal hotline advocates encounter issues associated with multi-representation when working in an elderlaw practice. This webinar, part of a three-part series, explores this issue in detail and provides insight on how to deal with a variety of issues associated with multi-representation.
This webinar addresses:
- Representing couples as well as members of the same family.
- A discussion of differences in normal overpayment collection cases vs. fraud cases.
- Steps for attorneys to follow when asked to represent more than one client in an issue.
- It does NOT discuss class action representation
Resources are provided to help analyze these issues, and the presenter examines several case studies throughout the webinar using a step-by-step process.
- Professor Kimberly E. O’Leary, Director of the 60+ Elderlaw Clinic at Thomas M. Cooley Law School
How to Represent Multiple Parties
Couples “How To” Kit
Selected Rules from Model Rules of Professional Conduct
Joint Representation Policy
Client Authorized Disclosure Form After Representation
Couples Engagement Letter