The Center for Elder Rights Advocacy (CERA) is proud to release the 2016 Senior Legal Helplines Annual Report. This year’s report marks the 9th year that CERA has authored the Senior Legal Helplines Annual Report. Twenty-one of the twenty-six senior legal helplines operating in 2016 (81%) reported data for the reporting period running January 1, 2016 through December 31, 2016. Of note, the percentage of senior legal helplines participating in 2016’s data reporting was down from a historic high in 2015 (93%).
Highlights of this year’s report include:
- Reporting hotlines assisted 41,139 seniors in 49,514 cases.
- The average cost per case for senior legal helplines was $77.75.
- Three in four senior helpline clients had incomes below 200% of Federal Poverty Level.
- One in three helpline clients identified as part of a minority group.
- 40% of senior legal helpline funding was provided by State and Local Sources as well as from Access to Justice Funds and State Bar Associations.
The full report is available at legalhotlines.org.