Low income, housing, and senior legal hotlines receive frequent calls from tenants with issues about their subsidized or public housing. This webinar is targeted to legal hotline advocates and managers and will provide guidance on how they can handle specific housing issues.
This webinar addresses:
- Background on subsidized housing law and focus specifically on issues hotline managers have identified as “hot”.
- What steps the hotline advocate can take when the client calls about bedbugs, problems with unauthorized tenants, criminal activity, and situations where the tenant requires reasonable accommodation to be able to reside in the housing environment.
- Kelli Bartlett, Attorney – Legal Aid of Western Ohio
- Sunrise Ayers, Manager, Senior Legal Hotline – Legal Aid Services of Idaho
- Kari Deming, Director – Counsel and Advice Law Line (CALL), Lakeshore Legal Aid
- Julie Nepveu, Senior Attorney – AARP Foundation Litigation